Our regular Teaching & Learning INSETs are a key feature of the way we share ideas at Beaumont. We post a blog article after each INSET summarising what was covered and the resources which were used or discussed. We also try to add later posts with ideas from staff which came out of discussions, or short posts where staff have shared how they used ideas from the INSET.
Some of the main resources used in the INSETs are added on this page as they become available (or requested by staff):
The Black Box of ideas
At the first Teaching and Learning INSET session of 2013-14 a Black Box was given to all staff. It contained a selection of small cards with Teaching & Learning ideas on them. Through the year, more cards have been added at each INSET, with many of the cards being produced from ideas given by staff at during the previous INSET session. The cards link clearly to our Skills for Success and also have a time guide on the card to help in planning lesson activities. Staff may also add to their own box as time goes by.
A selection of the current cards given out in INSET sessions can be found by following the link:
Creating Buzz (pupil engagement)
The carousel consisted of:
- Matching activities on PE topics – made using tarsia software (see here for how to download this very easy to use software and make your own dominoes and matching puzzles);
- Total Recall (poster activity);
- Quiz Quiz trade (thanks to @numberloving for this activity);
- Thoughts and Crosses (again thanks to @numberloving)
- Pre -lesson learning video (pupils spend time watching a video prior to a lesson and have questions which they prepare answers to before the lesson)
The treasure hunt
Tops and Tails Differentiation Strategies